This blog shows the folkart I make, my reproduction furniture and other projects. My studio/shop is in my backyard. It's a couple of miles off the main road in West Prince County, Prince Edward Island, Canada. When you come to visit make sure you see – the "Olde Times" Garden House Museum; Grandma's Attic; the Furniture Box; Grampa's Loft (antiques, old doors, etc. in my Dad’s old barn loft); and my World's Largest Egg Beater, certified by Guinness World Records.

Thursday, June 12, 2014

Honey Bees

     I have a customer who raises honey bees and was looking for a few folkart bees.
     I headed upstairs to Grandma's Attic 
http://backroadfolkart.blogspot.ca/2013/03/grandmas-attic.html ) above my Studio and put together these old wooden fishing buoys for the bodies and two old fan blades for the wings.
    The fisherman used wood-turning lathes to turn out these buoys made from Island cedar, then they'd tar them to waterpr0of them.
Fore more information about Prince Edward Island honey - check out
Island Gold Honey's website

No comments:

Post a Comment