This blog shows the folkart I make, my reproduction furniture and other projects. My studio/shop is in my backyard. It's a couple of miles off the main road in West Prince County, Prince Edward Island, Canada. When you come to visit make sure you see – the "Olde Times" Garden House Museum; Grandma's Attic; the Furniture Box; Grampa's Loft (antiques, old doors, etc. in my Dad’s old barn loft); and my World's Largest Egg Beater, certified by Guinness World Records.

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

20th Anniversary - Part 3

     I'd like to thank my wife Shirley and daughters Courtney and Corinda for their support over the years - they kept me grounded!   They often shook their head when I came up with some of my art ideas!  
     Thanks too to our families, the Jeffery's and Hustler's for never-ending support and encouragement.  Over the years I've had customers and clients who have become good friends!
     The big thing I've learned about art and people is one person could hate a piece and another would love it - people see humor in all different ways.  The best reward is seeing people smile and laugh!
     My "folk art truck" was often an embarrassment to my teenage daughters especially when I picked them up at school or was bombarded by tourists taking photos of us in it!  LOL!  

No comments:

Post a Comment