This blog shows the folkart I make, my reproduction furniture and other projects. My studio/shop is in my backyard. It's a couple of miles off the main road in West Prince County, Prince Edward Island, Canada. When you come to visit make sure you see – the "Olde Times" Garden House Museum; Grandma's Attic; the Furniture Box; Grampa's Loft (antiques, old doors, etc. in my Dad’s old barn loft); and my World's Largest Egg Beater, certified by Guinness World Records.

Saturday, December 3, 2016

Alberton Regal Hockey Team 1928-1930

   I reframed this old photograph with one of my rustic frames which I sell in my shop.  Two of these team members were related to me..in the front row is Alvie Jeffery (1st cousin of my grandfather Louis) and on the right end is Harvey Jeffery, brother of my grandfather Louis. Dad always said he was an excellent hockey player - he could have gone to NHL but took M.S.  Harve was Muriel Gillis' father.
     I put the newspaper clipping on the back.   I zoomed in on the goalie who has a patch on his eye - he must have been hit by a puck. ..note on his knee a mascot monkey with the same jersey on.

No comments:

Post a Comment