This blog shows the folkart I make, my reproduction furniture and other projects. My studio/shop is in my backyard. It's a couple of miles off the main road in West Prince County, Prince Edward Island, Canada. When you come to visit make sure you see – the "Olde Times" Garden House Museum; Grandma's Attic; the Furniture Box; Grampa's Loft (antiques, old doors, etc. in my Dad’s old barn loft); and my World's Largest Egg Beater, certified by Guinness World Records.

Monday, June 30, 2014

Canada Geese - "Mates for Life" and "Going South"

     I did similar pieces of folkart geese before and decided to make them again.  
     I call the double headed geese, "mates for life".  I used an old wooden fishing buoy for the body - there were two old rusty bottle caps nailed on the end of the buoy, not sure why they were there, but it adds character.

    The other two I call, "going south", and made the bodies with an old suitcase and have an old key around their neck.

No comments:

Post a Comment