This blog shows the folkart I make, my reproduction furniture and other projects. My studio/shop is in my backyard. It's a couple of miles off the main road in West Prince County, Prince Edward Island, Canada. When you come to visit make sure you see – the "Olde Times" Garden House Museum; Grandma's Attic; the Furniture Box; Grampa's Loft (antiques, old doors, etc. in my Dad’s old barn loft); and my World's Largest Egg Beater, certified by Guinness World Records.

Tuesday, May 2, 2017

A carving for a friend..."Larry Here"

     I have a real good friend from Calgary for who I decided to surprise him with this custom carving of himself.
    The parachute is made from an old light shade and has the flags of the counties he's visited in his lifetime.  He's a businessman who needs his phone.
     You can see this carving in person at his antique shop called "Ice Boat Rarities and Antiques" in the old Cape Traverse United Church which will open this spring - it's only a few doors down from his other antique shop called "Island Antiques & Uniquities".

No comments:

Post a Comment